The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) is a registered nurse who:
- Holds an RN license in Kentucky or another compact state
- Holds a SANE Credential issued by KBN
- Is trained in the forensic examination of individuals 14 years or older who have been the victim of sexual assault
- Collects and preserves evidence and testifies in legal proceedings in accordance with Kentucky law.
Applications and all documents that have been received will be reviewed within 7 to 14 business days.
NOTE: If you respond "Yes" to the disciplinary or criminal history questions, it may take up to 3 months for the review of your application.
Initial SANE Credential
All application fees are subject to change and NON-REFUNDABLE.
Reinstatement of a SANE Credential
Supporting documents may be faxed to 502-429-3336. Faxed copies of the SANE application will not be accepted.
Contact the Program's Coordinator for any additional questions regarding the SANE credential.
Follow the status of your application to quickly see:
- What documents are needed to issue the SANE credential , OR
- When the SANE credential has been issued.
Validate a License
Validate that the SANE credential has been issued and the current expiration date.