Our goal is to make information and resources available to programs of nursing. Click on a link below to go directly to a specific topic.
Certified List On-Line
The on-line certified list system can be accessed at: Home Page of the KBN On-Line Certified List.
To request on-line certified list authorization forms, click here.
Development Opportunities for Faculty
There are many development opportunities to assist nurse
educators in developing the necessary skills to teach in complex educational
and health care systems. Many of these development opportunities align
education and practice and enhance leadership development for senior
administrators. In an effort to help
strengthen our programs of nursing, we have compiled a list of websites where
faculty and program administrators can determine what educational offerings are
available to assist with their program needs.
Please note that this list is not all inclusive of offerings throughout
the U.S., nor does the KBN advocate or recommend any one professional
development opportunity over another. We
will continue to add weblinks as we learn about them. We hope you find this compilation useful.
Weblinks devoted to Nursing Faculty Education opportunities:
Weblinks devoted to Faculty Education opportunities (not
Benchmark Analysis and Action Plan
Nurse Faculty Record [PDF Format - 66KB]
Clinical Instructor Record [PDF Format - 61KB]
Program Administrator Record [PDF Format 196KB]
Non-Nurse Faculty Record [PDF Format 44KB]
Faculty Update Notification [PDF Format - 44KB]
APRN Nursing Program Record [PDF Format - 96KB]
If you have questions, please contact Jessica Hill via the PON Contact form.
Criminal Convictions Information for Schools of Nursing
- For information on how an individual's prior criminal convictions may affect their licensure as a nurse in Kentucky go to the link above.
New Program Approval
Questions should be addressed to the Education Assistant, Jessica Hill, at (502) 429-7179 or via e-mail.
For assistance with either APRN or DNP Programs, please contact the APRN Education & Practice Consultant, Myra Goldman at (502) 429-3315 or via e-mail.
Out-of-State APRN Students Requesting to Use Kentucky Clinical Sites
It is the responsibility of each requesting institution to seek approval from the appropriate state bodies. In Kentucky, they must seek permission from the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE). Additionally, approval is required by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Regulations, Kentucky - Educational
Click here to go to Kentucky Administrative Regulations pertinent to education (Chapter 20).
Advanced Practice Programs
- 201 KAR 20:056. Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Licensure, Program Requirements, Recognition of a National Certifying Organization
- 201 KAR 20:061. Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree
- 201 KAR 20:062. Standards for advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Programs of Nursing
- 201 KAR 20:260. Organization and Administration Standards for Prelicensure Registered Nurse or Practical Nurse Programs of Nursing
- 201 KAR 20:280. Standards for Developmental Status, Initial Status, and Approval of Prelicensure Registered Nurse and Practical Nurse Programs
- 201 KAR 20:310. Faculty for Prelicensure Registered Nurse and Practical Nurse Programs
- 201 KAR 20:320. Standards for Curriculum of Prelicensure Nursing Programs
- 201 KAR 20:340. Students in Prelicensure Registered Nurse and Practical Nurse Programs
- 201 KAR 20:350. Educational facilities and Resources for Prelicensure Registered Nurse and Practical Nurse Programs
- 201 KAR 20:360. Continuing Approval and Periodic Evaluation of Prelicensure Registered Nurse and Licensed Practical Nursing Programs
Administrative Regulations require that a program of nursing have adequate
fiscal, human, and material resources to support simulation activities. The simulation activities are to be managed
by a nurse faculty member who is academically and experientially qualified in
the use of simulation, both in its pedagogical and technical aspects. In addition, Faculty, both didactic and
clinical that utilize simulation in the Program of Nursing must have training
in the use of simulation and engage in on-going professional development in the
use of simulation.
Consultants at the Kentucky Board of Nursing have compiled a list of resources
and web links to assist a Program of Nursing with achieving compliance with the
regulatory requirements governing simulation.
Many of these resources have been recommended by the National Council of
State Boards of Nursing. The resources have been divided into articles, tools
and web links. Please
note that this list is not all inclusive of offerings throughout the U.S., nor
does the KBN advocate or recommend any one resource or web link over another.