Fee Payment Update: Effective July 6, 2020, fees assessed by the banking industry will be charged for each transaction. Payments made with a credit card will have an additional 2.75% of the payment added to the total. Payments made by ACH (online check) will have a $1.00 charge attached to the payment. The banking fees will be in addition to the fees due the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Applications and documents are reviewed within 14 days. However, if you respond "Yes" to the disciplinary or conviction questions it can take up to 3 months for processing your application.
To request a validation document concerning your LCPM status, please email Kelsea.Bennett@ky.gov.
Licensed Certified Professional Midwife (LCPM) Master List
Requirements for initial licensure:
- Submit the application and fee (All application fees are non refundable)
- Fingerprint card and fee Fingerprint card and fee (https://kbn.ky.gov/apply/Pages/courtnet.aspx)
- Kentucky criminal history report (https://kbn.ky.gov/apply/Pages/courtnet.aspx)
- You must also submit the following documents:
- Official transcript from MEAC approved program or Midwifery Bridge Certificate
- NARM Certification
- Proof of completion of the Domestic Violence course pursuant to KRS 194a.540
- Proof of completion of the Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma course pursuant to KRS 620.020(8)
- NRP Certification
- AHA BLS Certification
- Proof of licensure in another state (if applicable)
- Additional documentation submitted after the inital application must be submitted here
Additional resources are provided below.
Instructions for completing the online application
Practice and the LCPM regulations
KBN Investigation and Discipline Process applicable to LCPM's
LCPM Incident form
Informed Refusal form