Reciprocity is a method of transferring your nurse aide registration from one state t​o another state.

Reciprocity to Kentucky

If you have an active status in another state, submit:

  • Full Name (First, Middle, and Last)
  • Telephone Number
  • Mailing Address
  • Social Security Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Name of State Currently Certified In 
  • Certification/Registration Number
  • Copies of Social Security Card, Driver's License and State Certification
  • Sample Reciprocity Form

Send information to KNAR:

Mail to:
Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
312 Whittington Pkwy, Ste 300-A
Louisville, KY 40222-5172

Fax to: 

If you do not have an active status in another state:

You must take an approved training course and the competency evaluation in Kentucky.  Contact the Department for Medicaid Services for more information.

For a complete list of approved training providers, contact Cabinet For Health and Family Services, at 502-564-6890.

The Testing Procedures Manual a​nd Study Guide  contains a complete list of KCTCS nurse aide testing and training coordinators on pages 3-4.  KCTCS is the sole provider of nurse aide testing.

Reciprocity To Another State

To transfer from the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry to another state, the nurse aide will need to contact the state to which you are transferring.  For a complete listing of address and phone numbers, see State Nurse Aide Registries.