In 2001, the Kentucky General Assembly passed House Bill 184 establishing authority for the Kentucky Board of Nursing to regulate dialysis technician practice, training, and credentialing. A Dialysis Technician Advisory Council was established to help facilitate the program.
EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2021 - A NEW PROCESS FOR STATE AND FEDERAL (FINGERPRINTING)
State and Federal
All applicants will need to register via the UEnroll
website utilizing our Service Code (27GKJR). You will are now able to complete
both the state and federal (fingerprinting) background checks through this
committed to a 98% classifiable rate, which means quality prints, less
rejections, and quick responses. Appointments are available by scheduling
on-line at http://uenroll.identogo.com or
by calling 1-844-543-9714.
This new process:
- Eliminates the need to request background checks from two separate entities
- Improves the capture, accuracy, tracking and delivery of record information for background check purposes
- Ensures data integrity, data validation, error remediation, and improved system performance
- Eliminates the need for agencies to capture fingerprints, collect payments, and remit for processing
- Eliminates the need for the Kentucky State Police (KSP) to manually scan and process fingerprint hard cards
- Web Portal and Call Center is available for applicants to schedule an enrollment session
- Unique Service Codes for fingerprint reasons eliminates printing for incorrect purposes
- FlexCheck Solution processes request and provides a portal with secure access to status and results for authorized users
Dialysis Technician Forms
Forms and additional information related to dialysis technician credentialing are provided below.
For a current list of KBN fees, refer to Fees for Licensure and Registration Applications and Services
Validation of Dialysis Technician Credential
To validate a Dialysis Technician credential, please access the automated validation system. You may search by 7-digit Dialysis Technician credential number, or search by name.