The KBN CE Audit notifications were sent via email by CE Broker on February 1, 2021. CE Broker is now the official CE tracking system of the Kentucky Board of Nursing. If you were selected to undergo the 2020 CE Audit from the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN), follow the steps below to provide the necessary documentation through CE Broker that will demonstrate compliance with the CE requirements for the earning period November 1, 2019 - October 31, 2020.
The deadline to report and upload documentation for the CE audit is February 23, 2021.
Steps to provide documentation for the 2020 CE Audit
- Review continuing education competency requirements.
- There are multiple options for the RN and LPN to verify continuing education competency. Click the link below to review the options available for RNs and LPNs and the documents required for each.
RN/LPN CE Option Form
- The APRN continuing education requirements and required documents are provided in the link below.
APRN CE Requirements Form
- Gather the required certificates and documents
Accessing and Reporting in CE Broker
- Review the documents to be sure they are complete and include your name and a date of completion within the 2020 earning period, November 1, 2019 - October 31, 2020.
- Continuing education completion certificates must include your name, date of completion; the number of contact hours awarded; the approved provider's information; and who approved the providership to offer nursing continuing education.
- Save each document to your computer in pdf format.
- Upload required pdf documents to CE Broker.
- Activate your free Basic CE Broker account at https://cebroker.com/ky/plans . KBN has provided you with a Free Basic Account for CE tracking. (You will need your KBN license number to activate and access your account. https://secure.kentucky.gov/kbn/bulkvalidation/basic.aspx)
- Although, there are three (3) types of accounts available through CE Broker, the Free Basic Account is the only one necessary to upload continuing education validation documents.
If you have questions regarding the CE Broker account, reporting, uploads/attachments, errors, or the CE tracking system, please contact CE Broker experts at the CE Broker Support Center Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm ET via phone at (877) 434-6323; via email at email@example.com; or via livechat available on the CE Broker website.