Note: Effective January 10, 2011, Temporary Authorizations (TAs) will be issued only to applicants for RN and APRN licensure by endorsement.
Before a TA will be issued, KBN must receive:
- Completed application and fee,
- Completed fingerprint card and fee and fingerprint report back from the FBI,
- Official transcript of post-basic education from school or program of nursing, and
- Proof of current national certification.
- Complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam
NOTE: The Temporary Authorization (TA) is valid for six months. If the TA expires prior to receiving all documents required for licensure, you will be required to submit a new application & fee and fingerprint card & fee.
Follow the status of your application (except renewal applications), from the time submitted to KBN through licensure.
- You must click on the "Search" button to obtain the information
- Quickly see the information that is needed before an APRN temporary authorization or a license will be issued.
- Allow 72 hours for staff review of all documents received
- Required documentation may be faxed to 502-429-3336
- Applications may not be faxed
- An official transcript may not be faxed
- Allow up to 14 business days for a license to be issued after all requirements for licensure are met