To provide an official transcript to KBN you may:
- Email to: email@example.com (If the advanced practice program utilizes a national clearing house)
Mail directly to the boards' office at:
- Kentucky Board of Nursing
312 Whittington Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
- Provide the official transcript issued to the student in a sealed envelope. The envelope must remain sealed to be considered official
For nurses applying for RN and APRN licensure only:
An official transcript with degree and date posted sent directly from the school or program of nursing is required from all nurses originally licensed as an RN from the states of California, Connecticut, Illinois, Kansas, and Washington.
Upon request from KBN, an official transcript may be required of all others.
To be eligible for APRN licensure, an applicant must have completed an organized post-basic program of study and clinical experience that conforms to the criteria listed in 201 KAR 20:056.
Evidence of post-basic education is required of all applicants for APRN licensure.
Applicants who completed post-basic APRN education after January 1, 2005:
- Must request your school or program of nursing to send KBN an official transcript with degree and date posted.
- Must hold either a:
- Masters degree, OR
- Post-Masters’ certificate from a college or university awarding related APRN credits.
Applicants who completed post-basic APRN education prior to January 1, 2005:
- Nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists must request their advanced practice program of nursing to send KBN an official transcript with degree and date posted.
- Nurse anesthetists and nurse midwives may submit a copy of:
- Certificate of graduation, OR
- Official transcript with degree and date posted.
Note: If a Masters Degree was earned, KBN must receive the official transcript before an APRN license will be issued. If you graduate from a Post-Masters program, KBN must receive an official transcript from both the Master's and Post-Masters programs.