Who must take the exam:
What is the Jurisprudence Exam:
- It's a computerized exam
- Housed by The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Fifteen dollar ($15) fee payable to NCSBN
- Content based on Kentucky Nursing Laws and Advisory opinion statements.
- The Jurisprudence Exam Study Guide may be printed before you access the exam or
- You may view/print the Jurisprudence Exam Study Guide from within the exam by clicking on the "Print Version" link
- Consists of thirty-five (35) questions
- Available for three (3) weeks after payment is accepted by NCSBN
- If the exam is not completed in one sitting, responses to all questions are deleted when exiting the exam.
- If the exam is not completed within three (3) weeks, you will have to pay another $15 fee to NCSBN to access the exam.
How to access the exam:
- Please utilize Internet Explorer or Firefox when accessing the Jurisprudence Examination.
- You must first submit an application for licensure to KBN.
- Then go to the application status link to access the link to the exam.
Requires a NCSBN Learning Extension account
- Create a new login or
- Use your existing login
- Be sure to update your profile to include date of birth, last 4 of social security number and application type. (instructions)