Click on the following
NOTE: IN AN EFFORT TO PROMOTE A PAPERLESS PROCESS, THE INFORMATION PACKETS CONTAINING LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS AND BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION ARE POSTED BELOW.
NOTE: A VisaScreen Certificate for Licensure is required if your nursing education was received outside of the United States.
Applications and documents are reviewed within 14 days. However if you respond "Yes" to the disciplinary or conviction questions it can take up to 3 months for processing your application.
Fee Payment Update: Effective July 6, 2020, fees assessed by the banking industry will be charged for each transaction. Payments made with a credit card will have an additional 2.75% of the payment added to the total. Payments made by ACH (online check) will have a $1.00 charge attached to the payment. The banking fees will be in addition to the fees due the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Unsuccessful on NCLEX
If you were unsuccessful on NCLEX and need to retake, click here.
List of requirements, additional instructions and background check information are provided here:
Exam Requirements Checklist
NOTE: NOTE: Effective February 1, 2021, all applicants will need to complete their state and federal
fingerprint process through IdentoGO. Instructions that are included in the
Examination Application and $125.00 fee (fees are non-refundable). Applications are valid for one year, or if an applicant is unsuccessful on NCLEX, the application will expire at that time.
Application is best viewed using Internet Explorer or Firefox
Appointments are available by scheduling on-line at http://uenroll.identogo.com or by calling 1-844-543-9714.
Complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam
- Completion of an Approved Program of Nursing
- Certified List of Graduates
- Program may contact KBN to submit an Out-of-State Certified List, or
- Graduate may submit an official transcript, with degree and date degree posted
- Pass NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination
- Register online: www.pearsonvue.com/nclex
- By phone: 1-866-496-2539
- Provide: Social Security Number (Failure to provide your SSN to Pearson VUE will delay your being made eligible to sit for NCLEX).
- Valid Email Address (preferably a personal email). Pearson VUE will send your Authorization To Test (ATT) to the email address that you provide.
- The Authorization To Test (ATT) is issued by Pearson VUE
- Click here for additional information on the NCLEX examination process .
- Click here to access NCSBN's learning extension , which includes information on NCLEX review courses.
- Required Continuing Competency
Click here for information on Provisional License.
Allow 7-14 business days for an application to be reviewed.
Follow the status of your application as it is being processed - it will list what requirements are needed before your license will be issued.