The KBN offers virtual NLP presentations four times annually to provide an overview of the Kentucky Nursing Laws and the KBN as a regulatory agency, addressing the Board’s role, mission, programs, and current activities.
The NLP presentations are
free to attendees and are in two separate formats, each is designed for the participants’ needs: the Student Presentation is directed toward nursing students in their last semester or quarter of a nursing program, and the other is for current nurses.
The presentations are
limited to 500 attendees. Once the limit has been reached, no other requests will be accepted.
The NLP Student Presentation has been designed for students in their last semester or quarter of a nursing program, as they are preparing to enter the workforce.
Objectives of the Student Presentation
Upon conclusion of the presentation, student participants will:
- Understand the process to obtain licensure and register to take the NCLEX
- Understand the Kentucky Board of Nursing’s role as a regulatory agency
- Discuss the complaint and disciplinary process, and
- Discuss the Kentucky Alternate Recovery Effort (KARE) for Nurses
Upcoming Presentation Dates for the NLP for Students
November 7, 2022
Presentations will begin at 9:00 am ET.
Past Presentation Dates for the NLP for Students (Videos)
There are no past presentation dates at this time.
Registration for the NLP Presentation for Students
To attend, programs of nursing should
Contact the Practice Assistant and CE Competency Coordinator
. The program of nursing will need to provide:
- The name of the school
- The contact person’s email address and phone number, and
- The number of students that will be attending
Presentation for Nurses (APRNs, RNs, and LPNs)
The KBN and the Kentucky Nurses Association (KNA) will partner to present,
Nurse Leadership Programs: An Overview of the Kentucky Board of Nursing, Kentucky Nursing Laws and Regulations. The NLP presentation for nurses provides Kentucky nurses with an overview of the KBN, as well as the laws and regulations governing nursing practice.
Objectives for the NLP Presentation for Nurses
Upon completion of the Nurse Leadership Program Presentation for Nurses participants will:
- Understand the Kentucky Board of Nursing’s role as a regulatory agency, its mission, programs, and activities, including current legislation
- Examine the responsibility and accountability of nurses, nursing supervisors, and administrators in relation to the Kentucky Nursing Laws, nursing practice, and current practice opinions
- Discuss the complaint and disciplinary processes including mandatory reporting, investigation, and resolution of complaints with actual case scenarios
- Describe the requirements of nurses on probation and your role as an employee/peer, and
- Explain the Kentucky Alternate Recovery Effort (KARE) for Nurses Program and the incidence of substance use disorder in the nursing profession
Upcoming Presentation Dates for the NLP for Nurses
September 7, 2022
Presentations will begin at 9:00 am ET
Registration for the NLP Presentation for Nurses
You can find information regarding registering for the Nurse Leadership Program Presentation for Nurses through the
KNA page of Upcoming Events.
Continuing Education (CE) Contact Hours
CE's will be provided by KNA for nurses who register and attend the presentation.