The KBN Strategic Plan includes the agency's mission, core values, vision, and goals.
...View KBN Organization Chart [PDF Format - 16k]
The Kentucky Board of Nursing protects the well-being of the public by development and enforcement of state laws governing the safe practice of nursing, nursing education, and credentialing.
In order to protect the public, we are committed to:
Excellence – Excellence and quality by delivering consistent, effective, and efficient services.
Integrity – Honesty, fairness, and objectivity in the development and enforcement of laws and regulations.
Responsiveness – Taking initiative, communicating openly, and demonstrating care and concern in all endeavors.
Collaboration – Working in a cooperative spirit while maintaining respect for all individuals.
We aspire to:
- Deliver benchmark quality services in healthcare regulation.
- Meet the challenges of a dynamic and ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Have an organizational environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and outstanding leadership.
- Have a committed and appropriately compensated Board/staff who have exceptional knowledge and skills.
- Achieve integration of regulatory efforts affecting the health of the public.
- Have effective and efficient board functions.
Goal I: Sound, defensible regulatory practice that protects the public
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the role and purpose of the KBN.
- Continue enhancements for the disciplinary action and compliance monitoring processes.
- Continue to evaluate prelicensure nursing education program requirements.
- Continue to evaluate issues related to the legal scope of licensed practical, registered and advanced registered nursing practice.
Goal II: Efficient delivery of services that meets the needs of consumers and regulated entities in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Continue technological enhancements for licensure and credentialing processes.
- Use available technology to evaluate agency services.
- Ensure responsible fiscal management in order to fulfill agency mission.
Goal III: Optimal use of technology that support agency services.
- Improve utilization of technology to support Board activities and services.
Goal IV: Support an organizational culture consistent with Board mission, vision and values.
- Optimize ongoing orientation and development of Board members and staff to their role and the agency mission, structure and services.
- Ensure compliance with state government requirements for KBN organizational structure.