Transcript information for APRNs

This page contains information on the official transcript(s) that must be submitted to the KBN to obtain APRN licensure.

An official transcript is a transcript that is sent directly from the program of nursing, through a clearing house to the KBN, or a copy obtained by the applicant that is in the original sealed, unopened envelope from the program of nursing.

Transcripts can be sent electronically via a clearinghouse such as Parchment or the program of nursing directly to the KBN to the email address:

Transcripts may also be mailed to:

  • Kentucky Board of Nursing
  • 312 Whittington Pkwy., Suite 300
  • Louisville, Kentucky 40222

If you were licensed as an RN from one of the following states, you must request that your nursing program send KBN an official transcript, with degree and graduation date posted.

  • California
  • Connecticut
  • Hawaii
  • Kansas
  • Michigan
  • Washington

To be eligible for APRN licensure, an applicant must have completed an organized post-basic program of study and clinical experience that conforms to the criteria listed in 201 KAR 20:056. Evidence of post-basic education is required of all applicants for APRN licensure.

If a Master’s Degree was earned, KBN must receive the official transcript before an APRN license will be issued.

If you graduated from a Post-Master’s program, KBN must receive an official transcript from both the Master's and Post-Master’s programs.

Applicants who completed post-basic APRN education after January 1, 2005:

  • Must request that your school or program of nursing send KBN an official transcript with degree and date posted.
  • Must hold either a:
    • Master’s degree, OR
    • Post-Master’s certificate from a college or university awarding related APRN credits.

Applicants who completed post-basic APRN education prior to January 1, 2005:

  • Nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists must request their advanced practice program of nursing to send KBN an official transcript with degree and date posted.
  • Nurse anesthetists and nurse midwives may submit a copy of:
    • Diploma,
    • Certificate of graduation, or
    • Official transcript with degree and date posted.​

Document Library

All KBN documents and forms can now be found in our Document Library.

Find Forms