To be eligible for APRN licensure, an applicant must have completed an organized post-basic program of study and clinical experience that conforms to the criteria listed in 201 KAR 20:056. Evidence of post-basic education is required of all applicants for APRN licensure.
If a Master’s Degree was earned, KBN must receive the official transcript before an APRN license will be issued.
If you graduated from a Post-Master’s program, KBN must receive an official transcript from both the Master's and Post-Master’s programs.
Applicants who completed post-basic APRN education after January 1, 2005:
- Must request that your school or program of nursing send KBN an official transcript with degree and date posted.
- Must hold either a:
- Master’s degree, OR Post-Master’s certificate from a college or university awarding related APRN credits.
Applicants who completed post-basic APRN education prior to January 1, 2005:
- Nurse practitioners and clinical nurse specialists must request their advanced practice program of nursing to send KBN an official transcript with degree and date posted.
- Nurse anesthetists and nurse midwives may submit a copy of:
- Certificate of graduation, or
- Official transcript with degree and date posted.