Follow the directions on this page if you want to:
- Endorse an APRN license issued by another state or
- Apply for your initial Kentucky APRN license
- Using your current Kentucky RN license
- Using your current multistate, compact RN license
The requirements are the same for the above bullets.
Complete the application and submit the fee.
Complete the online application
- Applications are valid for one year. If requirements are not met within one year, your application will expire and you will have to start the process over again.
- Pay the application fee of $165 (ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE).
- You are encouraged to complete the online application; however, if you would like to
request a paper application visit the KBN Document Library and use the keywords
paper application to obtain the request form. There is a $40 fee for the paper application in addition to the application fee of $165.
Complete the state and federal criminal background check through IdentoGO®.
state and federal criminal background check through IdentoGO®
Submit an official transcript of advanced practice education with degree and date posted
Obtain more information about submitting an official transcript
Submit proof of current national certification
Obtain more information about national certifications that are accepted by the KBN
Reporting Criminal Convictions
If you have any criminal convictions, they will need to be reported on your application. The exception to this is traffic misdemeanors, other than DUIs. For information about what qualifies as a criminal conviction please review the Mandatory Reporting of Criminal Convictions.
How long does it take for an APRN license to be issued?
Licenses may be issued within 14 business days after all documents have been received and reviewed. However, if you respond "Yes" to the disciplinary or conviction questions it can take up to three months to process your application.
Review your application or licensure status