Reciprocity allows a state registered nurse aide to transfer their registration from one state to another state.
If you have an active status in another state, you may submit the sample reciprocity form, which is located in the KBN Document Library and can be located using the search terms SRNA Reciprocity Form, or provide the following information :
- Full Name (First, Middle, and Last)
- Telephone Number
- Mailing Address
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Name of State Currently Certified In
- Certification/Registration Number
Submit the following documentation with the information indicated above:
- Social Security Card
- Driver's License and
- State Certification
How to submit the information and documents
Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry
312 Whittington Pkwy, Suite 300-A
Louisville, KY 40222-5172
What if my status in another state is no longer active?
If you do not have an active status in another state:
- You must take an approved training course and the competency evaluation in Kentucky.
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) is the sole provider of nurse aide testing.
Reciprocity to Another State
To transfer from the Kentucky Nurse Aide Registry to another state, the nurse aide will need to contact the state to which you are transferring. For a complete listing of address and phone numbers, see Directory of Nurse Aide Registries