ADA Accommodations are available for the NCLEX. In order for your request for accommodations for the NCLEX to be considered you must do the following:
- Complete the KBN application and Pearson VUE registration before submitting the below documentation.
- Complete the ADA Accommodation Request Form, which is located in the KBN Document Library.
- Submit your documentation at least one month prior to program completion.
- Your documentation must be approved by KBN and NCSBN.
- Submit a signed letter on letterhead from a provider that indicates the diagnosis title and DMI code.
- Submit a letter from Program of Nursing showing what accommodations (if any) were granted while applicant was in school.
- Candidates may register for NCLEX at any time but should not schedule a test date until KBN notifies Pearson VUE of the accommodations that have been approved. After being made eligible to test, Pearson VUE will email your Authorization to Test (ATT), which will address accommodations.
- If you have been granted ADA accommodations, you must register by phone using the number provided on your Authorization to Test (ATT) email.
If you are a nursing mother and need to request an accommodation, please contact the KBN.