Compete the below list of application requirements for initial licensure.
Complete the application and submit the fee.
Complete the online application
- Pay the application fee of $1,000 (ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE)
- You are encouraged to complete the online application; however, if you would like to request a paper application visit the KBN Document Library and use the keywords paper application to obtain the request form. There is a $40 fee for the paper application in addition to the application fee of $1,000.
- Visit the KBN Document Library and use the keywords LCPM application instructions for additional information.
Complete the state and federal criminal background check through IdentoGO®.
state and federal criminal background check through IdentoGO®
Submit proof of the following:
- Submit one of the following:
- Official transcript from MEAC accredited program*;
- Midwifery Bridge Certificate if certified by NARM prior to January 1, 2020; or
- Midwifery Bridge Certificate if licensed in another state that does not require an accredited education and proof of licensure in another state
- NARM Certification
- Proof of completion of the Domestic Violence course pursuant to KRS 194A.540
- Proof of completion of the Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma course pursuant to KRS 620.020(8)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Proof of licensure in another state (if applicable)
For more information, see
201 KAR 20:620
*An official transcript is a transcript that is sent directly from the MEAC accredited program, through a clearing house to the KBN, or a copy obtained by the applicant that is in the original sealed, unopened envelope from the MEAC accredited program.
Transcripts can be sent electronically via a clearinghouse or the MEAC accreditied program directly to the KBN to the email address:
Transcripts may also be mailed to:
- Kentucky Board of Nursing
- ATTN: LCPM
- 312 Whittington Pkwy., Suite 300
- Louisville, Kentucky 40222
after the initial application.