Licensure By Reinstatement: Quick Links
- Application and Fee,
- Evidence of Continuing Competency,
- State Criminal Background Check,
- Federal Criminal Background Check, and
- Complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam
STATE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS:
FEDERAL CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS (FINGERPRINTING):
REPORTING A FELONY OR MISDEMEANOR CONVICTION:
- Review information regarding what convictions must be reported and the required documents to be submitted to KBN.
- Fax letters (see above link) to 502-429-3353.
- Certified court documents and Board orders must be mailed to KBN, Investigative and Discipline Branch
- It could take up to 3 months to process applications with a "Yes" response to any discipline and/or conviction question.
- For questions or concerns contact Consumer Protection Dept. (502) 429-3300.
ANSWERED THE CONVICTION OR DISCIPLINARY QUESTION IN ERROR?
- Send a letter of correction to:
REQUIRED CONTINUING EDUCATION
Follow the status of your application as it is being processed - it will list what requirements are needed before your license will be reinstated.
VALIDATE THE EXPIRATION DATE OF YOUR LICENSE:
After your license has been reinstated, check the expiration date. If you fail to renew, you will have to reinstate, repeating this entire reinstatement process.