Licensure by Examination: Quick Links
- Application and Fee,
- State Criminal Background Check
- Federal Criminal Background Check,
- Completion of a Board approved program of nursing,
- Register for and pass NCLEX,
- Completion of a clinical internship,
- Evidence of completing 2 continuing education hours in HIV/AIDS education, and
- Complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam
STATE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK (COURTNET)
FEDERAL CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS (FINGERPRINTING):
REPORTING A FELONY OR MISDEMEANOR CONVICTION:
- Review information regarding the convictions that must be reported and the required documents to be submitted to KBN.
- Fax letters of explanation (see above link) to 502-429-3353.
- Certified court documents must be mailed to KBN, Investigative and Discipline Branch
- It could take up to 3 months to process applications with a "Yes" response to any discipline and/or conviction question.
- For questions or concerns contact Consumer Protection Dept. (502) 429-3300.
ANSWERED THE CONVICTION OR DISCIPLINARY QUESTION IN ERROR?
- Send a letter of correction to:
REGISTER FOR NCLEX
- Complete the online registration form with Pearson Vue
- You must provide your SSN when registering.
- Pearson Vue will issue an Authorization To Test (ATT)after KBN makes you eligible to test.
- Read more information on registering for NCLEX
REQUIRED CONTINUING EDUCATION