Licensure By Endorsement: Quick Links
- Application and Fee,
- Attestation of continuing competency,
- Verification of License from your original state of licensure,
- Federal Criminal Background Check,
- Evidence of completing 2 continuing education hours in HIV/AIDS education, and
- Complete the Kentucky Jurisprudence Exam
- Review the additional requirements if you:
VERIFICATION OF LICENSE FROM ORIGINAL STATE OF LICENSURE
FEDERAL CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS (FINGERPRINTING):
REPORTING A FELONY OR MISDEMEANOR CONVICTION:
- Review information regarding the convictions that must be reported and the required documents to be submitted to KBN.
- Fax letters of explanation (see above link) to 502-429-3353.
- Certified court documents must be mailed to KBN, Investigation and Discipline Branch
- It could take up to 3 months to process applications with a "Yes" response to any discipline and/or conviction question.
- For questions or concerns contact Consumer Protection Dept. (502) 429-3300.
NOTE: If you answer "yes" in error to a disciplinary and/or criminal history question you may fax correction documents to 502-782-2754.
ANSWERED THE CONVICTION OR DISCIPLINARY QUESTION IN ERROR?
- Send a letter of correction to:
REQUIRED CONTINUING EDUCATION
Transcripts: If you graduated from a program of nursing in one of the following states, you must request your nursing program to send KBN an official transcript, with degree and graduation date posted.
* A temporary permit will not be issued to nurses who completed a program of nursing in and were originally licensed in CA until the transcript is received.
Follow the status of your application as it is being processed - it will list the requirements that are needed before your license will be issued.