A provisional license is:
- Issued within 14 days of meeting all Application Requirements.
- Valid for a period of six months from the date of issue.
- Invalidated upon unsuccessful completion of NCLEX (Apply to Retake).
- Must immediately cease practicing in a licensed nursing position.
- Do NOT begin employment as an RNA or LPNA until you have been issued a provisional license by KBN.
Provisional License Validation
||Practice on a Provisional License
Practice based on a provisional license requires the following:
Use of the title:
Practice under supervision until full licensure is issued.
Validate that a provisional license or a full license has been issued and the expiration date.