Nursing Leadership Programs
The Kentucky Board of Nursing participates in cosponsored Nursing Leadership Programs that provide an overview of the Kentucky Nursing Laws and KBN. The programs are presented at various sites throughout the state.
Upon completion of this program, the participant should be able to achieve the following objectives:
- Review KBN’s role as a regulatory agency, its mission, programs and activities, including current legislation.
- Examine the responsibility and accountability of nurses, nursing supervisors, and administrators in relation to the Kentucky Nursing Laws, nursing practice, and current practice opinions.
- Discuss the complaint and disciplinary processes including mandatory reporting, investigation and resolution of complaints with actual case scenarios.
- Describe the requirements of nurses on probation and the role of an employer/peer.
- Explain the Kentucky Alternative Recovery Effort (KARE) for Nurses.
- Discuss the process of obtaining initial licensure by examination.
||Program Dates & Sites
- August 30, 2013 - Hosted by St. Claire Medical Center, Morehead. Registration information will be provided at a later date.
If your organization is interested in hosting a Nurse Leadership Program, please contact Sharon E. Mercer at (502) 429-3307, SharonE.Mercer@ky.gov, or e-mail Cheryl Skaggs, Practice Assistant, at Cheryl.Skaggs@ky.gov or (502) 429-7185.